Monday, January 5, 2009

Café Santorini


As the next year of foodscapades begins, I have to mention my favorite restaurant in Pasadena: Café Santorini. I started my New Year's weekend with the Ultimate Chocolate Martini (pictured in the center above), and capped it off with dinner at Santorini.


As someone who loves food, it's a bit difficult to admit that my favorite restaurant in this restaurant-full city is not my favorite because of the food (even though it's quite good) but because of the atmosphere. I'm just a sucker for a warm Mediterranean interior, what can I say? Who wouldn't find these fairy lights or the outdoors patio magical?


The Mediterranean food is tasty and filling; three of us were not even able to finish the two appetizers and pizza we ordered: Kubbe (meat filling encased on the outside with fried bulgur pockets) and Baba Ganoush with pita.


The Santorini pizza was excellent! Topped with tender lamb, fresh basil, and mild goat cheese.

Don't forget to make reservations, or you may not get in...

Café Santorini

70 W. Union Street
Pasadena, CA 91103
626.564.4200

No comments:

Post a Comment